The Benefits and Uses of Dryer Balls
1. Your family will be healthier! Organic wool dryer balls are made from 100% organic wool, free of any pesticides or chemicals. This means there are no toxic chemicals used to coat your clothing in the latest “fresh” smell that lingers for hours, and or days–coating your skin with carcinogens. They are hypoallergenic– which is great for anyone suffering from sensitive skin, eczema, asthma, or allergies
2. You’ll save time and energy! When using 4-6 wool dryer balls at a time, you will decrease the amount of time it takes to dry your wet laundry by 30-50%! Each ball helps to create space between your clothes so the warm air of your dryer can circulate deep inside the load to dry everything more thoroughly and efficiently, thereby saving energy in the process
3. You’ll save MONEY! Wool dryer balls can be used over and over and over again–typically for 1500+ washes, which means you no longer need to throw away $8+ per box of scented dryer sheets. And, since your dry time is cut in half–you’ll save money on your energy bill, too!
4. You’ll soften your laundry and reduce wrinkles! While I’m a proponent of line drying clothes whenever possible, I’ve found that when I don’t use anything to assist with drying, my clothes often come out rough and scratchy. As the wool dryer balls gently tumble through your clothing they naturally soften your clothes and reduce wrinkles in the process! I’ve found this to be true with towels, especially!!
5. You’ll decrease static cling! No one is a fan of static–especially during dry cold winter months. Before purchasing my dryer balls–I tried going without any products whatsoever. Wool dryer balls naturally reduce the static cling of your clothing!
6. You will be kinder to the planet. This is a given–you’re throwing less garbage away, lessening the amount of chemicals being sent into the atmosphere from your dryer vent, and reducing the amount of energy your home uses!
FYI, if your dog loves balls, he may get a bit confused and thinks these are for him.